Un palazzo e la città

from 07/05/2015 to 03/04/2016

Museo Salvatore Ferragamo - Palazzo Spini Feroni
Piazza di Santa Trinità
Firenze FI

On the occasion of the bicentennial celebrations of Florence as Capital of Italy (1865-2015), the Massimo and Sonia Cirulli Archive collaborates with the Salvatore Ferragamo Museum to the exhibition on the history of the Palazzo Spini Feroni, headquarter of the municipality of Florence during the city’s tenure as capital of the Italian Kingdom.

In the course of its intriguing history, the building became the headquarter for several art galleries during the 1930s, including one by antiquarian Luigi Bellini, who in 1928 organized, on the main floor of the palazzo, important exhibitions of contemporary artists such as Ram and Thayaht, aiming to transform Florence into a primary center for contemporary art, such as Paris.

Photo gallery